We here at SIZED UP have stumbled upon a plethora of plus-sized clothing retailers online and have decided to give you a rundown of the good, the bad and the ugly, not in any particular order.
- Hips and Curves offers plus and extended plus sized lingerie, sexy costumes and fetish wear. What we do like: It's nice to find little hot pink ruffled boy shorts in our size. We REALLY like that their models are curvy women. What we don't like: Their extended sizes do not venture into 30/32W territory and some items can be a little pricey.
- OneStopPlus is the holy grail of fat (yeah, we said it) wear. The two big companies for plus-sized clothing were always the Lane Bryant catalog (not to be confused with the Lane Bryant stores) and Roaman's. This site combines the two heavyweights (heh) with a few other notable labels such as Avenue and Jessica London. What we do like: This website has nearly everything a plus-sized diva could want or need. They offer a broad spectrum of affordable styles and sizes (including super-sized- 6x and up) in casual, career wear and intimates. They also always have specials such as free shipping and deep discounts for their return customers. And, let's not forget the wide-width shoes! What we don't like: Their clearance items go super fast, and some of the more popular sizes (which usually equals the more hard to find sizes) sell out quickly on non-clearance items.
- Ulla Popkin carries in-house label clothing. What we do like: Ulla Popkin's clothes are, in a word, delicious. Their clothes are comfortable and the sizes run up to 6X (38W). What we don't like: Again, we have to use the word pricey. Also, some of their designs seem to lean towards the cheesy instead of the stylish.
- Avenue has a good online presence as part of OneStopPlus, but we've included them here because they deserve their own mention. What we do like: Style, style, style... Avenue has it. Add in good value pricing and their Avenue Soft brand carries some of the most comfortable clothing we've ever worn. What we don't like: Their "special sizes" section runs only up to size 32 and consists of mostly jeans and pants.
- Sealed with a Kiss Designs is relatively new and offering very stylish clothing. What we do like: This site has some really cute clothes and some of their designs run up to size 6X (34/36). What we don't like: Again, price. Not much else, though,. These girls have it going on.
- Fashion Bug's plus sized online store offers a wide selection of cute and stylish clothing. What we do like: Like we said, cute and stylish. Also, their prices are good. We've ordered from them quite a few times. What we don't like: No extended sizes and they are often out of stock on a lot of items.
As always, we are here to serve you. If you have a link to an online store you would like to share, don't hesitate to leave a comment and we'll review the shop and add it to the list!