Friday, October 21, 2011

Music Review: Everlast ~ Songs of the Ungrateful Living

Music Review: Everlast ~ Songs of the Ungrateful Living

I've loved Everlast for a long, long time starting with House of Pain. His voice is unique and the talent and perspective he brings to his music is undeniable.

I'm almost ashamed to admit this, but I didn't even know this album was coming, I found it by accident signing up for a Face Book music service. And I'm so glad I did.

Songs of the Ungrateful Living is his first album in three years and Everlast has come a long way since Jump Around. Virtually every song on this CD has a message that's relevant and sometimes poignant. His voice is his trademark, as are his honest and compelling lyrics. This album goes pretty much everywhere, some tracks sound like rockabilly, nearly even country. But it's all Everlast. The lead single, I Get By, is pure social commentary. "Every single day, I get a little more behind" and "I voted for some change and it's kind of strange, now that's all I got in my pocket." My two favorite songs here are Moneymaker and Long At All, though I liked every track on the album.

I know money's tight, but this CD is worth every penny.

On a scale of zero to ten stars with zero being the worst, this CD gets TEN STARS, and earns every one of them.

Buy Everlast ~ Songs of the Ungrateful Living on CD and mp3 at amazon.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Free Blogger Templates