Friday, June 18, 2010

Cause I'm A Soul Man

"it's 106 miles to Chicago, we got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark and we're wearing sunglasses."

I love writing about something I love, and today I'm on a mission from God.

The Vatican, for the thirtieth anniversary of the film The Blues Brothers, has decided to claim the movie as a Catholic work. I find this freaking hilarious.

The Vatican must be on a roll towards making themselves cooler (something I also noted with this year's CMT Music Awards - they had a drunken Kid Rock having a party back stage). They must be trying to connect with a broader audience, since all the kiddie molestations by their priests are driving folks away in droves. The article talks about the morality behind the Brothers' "mission from God" to get their band back together and pay off the back taxes at the orphanage.

Somewhere along the line, references to sex, drugs and rock 'n' roll must have gotten lost upon the people who made this decision. Not to mention the biggest car chase in movie history.

I think the Catholic Church just wants to claim something cool. Not sure how I like that.


In other news, I started another new blog to host the recipes I've collected over the years. You can find Price Family Recipes here.

In other, other news I've accepted a new job. Go me!

And that's all the news that's fit to blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Free Blogger Templates