Monday, June 21, 2010

Monday, Monday

Even though I'm not working, Monday has sucked big time for me today. I'm trying to get myself together to start a new job and it just seems as if there's kink after kink after kink on the way there. This time it's an auto insurance issue, and I don't quite know how to solve it.

I am, however, totally addicted to True Blood, an HBO show about a bunch of vampires, shape shifters, Maynids, werewolves and a couple of telepaths. Though I've read most of the books that the tv show is based around (the Southern Vampire Series by Charlaine Harris), the show has diverged from her original story lines in not too bad of a way. Might I say that I am crushing hard on Alexander SkarsgÄrd, who plays Eric Northman on the show. Whoo. I tell ya. He is so hot he makes me want to slap HIS grandma. I've watched every episode of the show and am angry that I have to wait from week to week for more.

In the odd news today: a case of Karma biting someone in the ass.

Val Kilmer wants to open a Bed & Breakfast in his Northern New Mexico home, but his neighbors said "Oh Hell No."

Apparently, Mr. Kilmer made some not-very-nice remarks about 80% of the people in his home county being drunks and opining that he understands Vietnam better than its veterans, because most of them were "borderline criminal or poor … wretched kids" who landed in the military because they "got beat up by their dads" or "couldn't finagle a scholarship." [This is a quote from the article.]

Nice.

They will let him get his Bed & Breakfast... if he apologizes. If I were them, I don't know if I would be that forgiving.

Of course, 80% of my home county are drunks, crack heads, prescription pill junkies or just downright mean. I don't profess to know anything about the Vietnam War, however, since it was over by the time I was three. Good thing I'm not attempting to open up a Bed & Breakfast, because this county never forgives anything. Do something bad when you're fifteen and you'll still be hearing about it when you're ninety.

In even weirder news, a German guy attacked a group of Hell's Angels (yes, the motorcycle club) by throwing a puppy at them. The first thing I wondered was wtf? The second was if the puppy was ok. My third thought was "wonder if it was a German Shepherd." My last thought, of course, was lmfao.

One more for the road?

I can do it!

The Pakistani Assistant Attorney General wants the head of FaceBook founder, Mark Zuckerberg, on a silver platter for a "Draw Muhammad" contest run on the site in May. Here we go again, Matt Stone and Trey Parker.

My picture of Mohammad?






Not to be confused with Buddy Christ:





Have a great day, y'all.


No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Free Blogger Templates