1 pound large mushrooms
4 tablespoons butter plus a little for greasing baking dish
4 green onions, with much of the green, trimmed
1/2 cup finely minced ham
1 small clove garlic, finely minced
2 cups coarsely chopped baby spinach
1 cup fresh bread crumbs
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon pepper
1/4 to 1/2 cup Mozzarella cheese
1. Wash and trim the end of stems from mushrooms. Pop remaining stem out. Chop stems and set aside.
2. Melt 2 tablespoons butter; brush over mushrooms.
3. Spray a shallow baking dish (about 8-inch square, or one which will fit mushrooms in one layer) with butter-flavored spray or grease with butter.
4. Heat remaining 2 tablespoons of butter in a skillet. Chop green onions; combine with reserved chopped mushroom stems, ham and garlic. Add to skillet along with the spinach; sauté until tender.
5. Add bread crumbs, salt, and pepper to vegetable mixture; stir well.
6. Fill each mushroom cap with a little of the stuffing, mounding up. Sprinkle with Mozzarella cheese. Bake at 350° for about 20 minutes, until cheese is melted and mushroom caps are tender.